It’s the most wonderful time of the year for alcohol. Friends and family will be stopping by to say hi, as well as see how you are doing. This is the perfect time for you to stock up on all the alcohol that you know your friends and family love to drink. For the next three days, Friday- Sunday you can stock up for less. Yes you heard me right, we are having another weekend sale, just for you. You know that everyone will stop by, and you know that they love to have a cocktail or two. However, they do not need to know that you got their favorite beverages on sale. This will be our little secret.
Blood Orange Scotch And Soda:
1) 2 ounces of scotch
2) Half an ounce of rich blood orange syrup
3) Half an ounce of strained lime juice
4) A pinch of salt
5) Club soda
To Make; Combine all ingredients except for the club soda, into a cocktail shaker. Shake and pour over ice in a champagne flute. Top off with the club soda and garnish with a blood orange slice. And for extra flair this holiday, and to add a little sweetness, use a cardamom sugar rim. ( Optional )
For the blood orange syrup: Slice one blood orange crosswise into 1/4 inch rounds. In a saucepan combine with half a cup of water, half cup of sugar, 15 peppercorns, and 15 all spice berries. Bring to a boil, reduce the heat and simmer for 15 minutes. Remove from the heat, let cool, and strain into a jar. Store in the refrigerator until you are ready to use.
1) 2 ounces of Glen Grant The Major’s Reserve
2) Half an ounce of Campari
3) Half an ounce of simple syrup ( water and sugar in equal parts boiled )
4) Half an ounce of sweet vermouth
5) 3/4 an ounce of lemon juice
To Make; Add all ingredients except the club soda and sparkling wine into a cocktail shaker with some ice. Shake for about ten seconds, strain into a highball glass ( Tall Glass ). Then top off with the club soda, or the sparkling wine, and enjoy.
Do not worry, if you click on a link, you will still be able to come right back to where you left off here on this site. All links are to open in a new tab just for that purpose. Now, I have a question for all of you, how do you think I am doing with this site? Are you finding any of the content on here helpful for you? Do I ramble on too much? Please let me know, I would love to hear from you.
Nimrod The Ice Breaker:
1) 2 ounces of Shakelton Blended Malt Scotch Whiskey
2) Half an ounce of preserved citrus peel syrup*
3)2 dashes of Angostura Bitters
To Make; Stir all ingredients in a mixing glass with some ice. Strain over one large fresh ice cube in a rocks glass ( short glass ). Garnish with preserved citrus peel.
* preserved citrus peel syrup: Using a vegetable peeler, peel segments of an orange or other citrus fruit, being careful not to cut too deeply into the pith ( white underlayment of the fruit ). Muddle the peels with sugar, add hot water to melt the sugar. Store for at least 48 hours for the citrus peels to preserve.
1) 1 ounce of Drambuie Scotch Iqueur
2) 1 ounce of Scotch Whiskey
To Make; Pour both ingredients into a rocks glass ( short glass ). With a large format ice cube. Stir gently and enjoy. ( Garnish with a twist of lemon optional )
1) 3 ounces of Barefoot Bubbly Muscato Spumante
2) Half an ounce of Peach Schnapps
3) 1/4 ounce of raspberry syrup
4) Half an ounce of orange juice ( optional )
5) Frozen raspberries
To Make; IMPORTANT chill all ingredients before assembling. Add peach schnapps, syrup, and juice to a champagne flute. Top off with the Barefoot Bubbly Muscato Spumante. Garnish with floated raspberries. ( optional )
Berry Merry Christmas:
1) 4 ounces of Barefoot Bubbly Berry
2) 1 ounce of chilled pomegranate juice
3) Half a teaspoon of vanilla extract
4) Pomegranate seeds, or frozen berries
To Make; Place the pomegranate seeds or berries in the bottom of a chilled champagne flute. Add the chilled pomegranate juice and vanilla extract to the flute, and top off with the Barefoot Bubbly Berry. And enjoy.
Citrus Mint Pinot Grigio:
1) 1 Liter of Naked Grape Pinot Grigio
2)1Lemon thinly sliced
3) 1 Lime thinly sliced
4) 1 Handful of fresh mint leaves
To Make; Combine all the ingredients into a large pitcher. Let chill for 2-4 hours, or overnight if you can wait that long! Serve chilled or over ice in a rocks glass ( Short Glass ).
1) 4 and a half ounces of Starborough Sauvignon Blanc
2) 1 ounce of Chambord Liqueur
3) Club Soda
Well I hope that you can enjoy one or two of these holiday cocktails. If you ask me that is what the holidays are for, spending time with our friends and our family. All the ones that we hold near and dear to us. With the way that this year has gone, we can all use a little time with the people that we love.
And there is no better way to celebrate than to have some delightful cocktails to serve are loved ones. Be a gracious host and stock up on some of your favorite alcohol beverages. Remember that this is a sale. You are going to get $8.00 off any purchase of $30.00 or more. All you have to do is use the code HOME8 at checkout. Thanks for hanging out with me today.
Remember to drink responsibly, and never drink and drive. The life you save may very well be your own.
Your friend John D. Have a blessed weekend my friends.