Hello everyone, thank you for stopping today. Today we have a few cocktail recipes made with cognac, you find that all the recipes are made with Hennessy VS ( very special ) you do not have to use Hennessy. You can use whatever cognac that you prefer. Hennessy is just my preference, has been since I had a boss that would come around and pour out shots at night when we were working together. It was his favorite cognac, so, now I drink it out of nostalgia.
Hennessy Ginger Cocktail:
Hennessy and ginger is the perfect drink for any time of the day, or night. The spice of ginger ale, brings out natural spice of Hennessy VS” ( very special )
1) 1 and a half ounce of Hennessy very special
2) 3 and half ounces of ginger-ale
Pour the Hennessy cognac into a highball glass ( a tall glass) add ice cubes to fill the glass. Top off with the ginger ale, and garnish with a lime wedge, or slices of fresh ginger. That’s not so hard to make, is it? all you need is two ingredients and a tall glass. Your guests will think you spent all day preparing this for them. The best part is, you do not have to tell them otherwise.
Between The Sheets:
Inspired in 1930 by Harry MacElhone, head bartender at the eponymous, Harry’s New York bar in Paris France. The rum adds to the complexity and elegant balance. Plus you have to admit, it is a pretty cool name for a cocktail. Ranks right up there with sex on the beach.
1) 1 ounce of Hennessy very special
2) 1 ounce of rum, any rum will do the job, I suggest Bacardi 151 rum, it’s a clear rum so it will not darken the cocktail up on you.
3) 1 ounce of orange Curacao
4) Half an ounce of fresh lemon juice
5) Some lemon twists to be used for the garnish, you can even use lemon zest in place of the twist if you prefer.
Add all the liquid ingredients to a cocktail shaker with some ice. Shake until chilled, strain into a coupe or martini glass. Then garnish with the lemon twist or zest. Drink enough of these, and you will end up between the sheets.
French 75 Cocktail:
The combination of Hennessy very special and champagne is always a tasteful marriage. Learn how to make this time-tested recipe with Hennessy master mixoligist Jordon Bushell. Follow this link for the video.
1) 1 and a half ounce of Hennessy very special.
2) Half of an ounce of simple syrup ( boiled water and sugar )
3) 3/4 ounces of fresh lemon juice
4) Sparkling wine or champagne
5) Lemon twists to be used for a garnish
Build directly in a flute glass, top with the sparkling wine or champagne and garnish with the lemon twist.
This cocktail was inspired by Hip-HOP icon NAS, this faceted drink is powerful yet smooth. As is, NAS in everything that he does. Personally, I do not know much about the man, I am more of rock and roll, or country and western type of guy.
1) 1 and a half ounce of Hennessy very special
2) Half an ounce of calvodose apple brandy
3) 1/4 of an ounce of herbal liqueur
4) 1/3 of an ounce of agave nectar for sweetness.
5) Half of an ounce of fresh lime juice
6) 2 dashes of aromatic bitters
7) 1 dash of cherry bitters
8) a pear fan for the garnish.
Step 1) Add all the liquid ingredients into a cocktail shaker with ice.
Step 2) Shake until well chilled
Step 3) Strain into a rocks glass ( short glass) with crushed ice.
Step 4) Garnish with a pear fan. Now before we go, I have one last cocktail recipe made with cognac, to keep life on the smooth side. So, bear with me for a couple more minutes, you will not be disappointed.
1) 1 and a half ounces of Hennessy very special
2)1/4 of an ounce of suze
3) 1/4 of an ounce of Pineau Charetes
4) Grapefruit twist for the garnish, you can substitute grapefruit zest if you like.
Add all the ingredients to a cocktail shaker with ice, and shake until well chilled. Strain the mixture into a chilled wine glass, and garnish with the grapefruit twist or zest whichever one you like better
I sincerely hope that you give some of these recipes a try, and if you do, please come back and let me know how they were for you. I am trying very hard to find interesting cocktails to share with you. If there is something that you would like for me to find for you, please do not hesitate to ask. I will do my best to find it for you. If you need any of the alcohol that has been listed here, all you have to is->->-> CLICK HERE<-<-<- and you can get whatever you need to make any of these fabulous cocktails.
You should know, that anything that is purchased through any of links on this site, I receive a small compensation of each sale. I just thought that you should know this information. I am just trying to help you get through this pandemic and keep you safe. Even though a lot of the bars in the country are open, they all have time restrictions. Most of them can not serve you alcohol after 11pm, and you have to be out of the bar by 12 am. who wants to stop partying at midnight on a Saturday night? You are better off getting the alcohol delivered to you at home, and then you can party with your friends until the wee hours of the morning. As long as you keep things to low roar, the police won’t show up and shut down the party.
Remember to drink responsibly, and please never drink and drive. The life you save may be your own.
Sincerely: your friend John D. Ps. Have a blessed day.